Thursday 29 August 2013

Workbench refurbish continuing



Front View
Veritas bench pup with pop-up stop
Rear View with additional bracing
Vice with embedded rear face under Ash cap.
Bench Refurbish is progressing.

My project to refurbish my old family workbench is progressing. I have fitted the new top, although I can still lift it out at the moment. Some bracing has been installed at the rear of the bench to aid stability, and the vice has been recessed into the top with the rear face below the ash filler piece. I think it should work well, as when I tighten a piece of timber in the vice it is held against the edge of the top as well as the rear face giving more grip.

Finally I have added 8 dog holes and a pop-up end stop to secure longer pieces for working. I can add more holes if I find I need them.

The next step will be to devise and build some under bench storage. I would like a few drawers for tools, but wonder if this may be a bit too tricky.




No comments:

Post a Comment