Thursday 31 January 2013

Restored Infill Plane



My (Scottish?) Infill Plane is now restored. I have completed my restoration of this Infill Plane. I am not sure who made it. The cap iron is similar to a Mathieson also the chip breaker is stamped Mathieson, I haven't seen this style of cast body on one of their planes in pictures on the internet though. Perhaps someone has more ideas who made it, (please reply). The Blade is a tapered Ibbotson one. I suppose the purists would say I have over restored it, but as it is for my own collection I am very happy with the way it looks.

4 comments:

  1. Barry nice restoration! Try sending a pic to Ron Brese www.breseplanes.com he may know something about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work Barry! I'm sure you'll get a lot of enjoyment out of using it now.

    ReplyDelete