Sunday 24 March 2013

Sketch up for designing




After saying I wanted to get away from using a computer so much - I've slipped back into old habits (mainly due to it being freezing in the workshop), by having a go a designing a small cabinet along the lines of Kath Fernie's Victory cabinet. I have guessed at the size but tried to get the proportions right. This is a screen shot from Sketch-up. It's a bit of a quirky program to use, but I guess as I use it more I will get familiar with the the commands. If you get the scale right to start with then the measuring rule and dimension tools are great for working out a cutting list. I find re-sizing objects a bit tricky though - more study required in that area. This is a link to my Sketchup file (so far) if you want to have a play with it :- http://dl.dropbox.com/u/69938829/cupboard4.skp

No comments:

Post a Comment